The Humanist Hour #87: Dr. Marty Klein
A new episode of The Humanist Hour is available for listening. Keep reading to find out about the guest on this month’s show.
In this month’s podcast, Todd and Kim interview author and sex therapist Dr. Marty Klein. Listen as they discuss his latest book
Sexual Intelligence: What We Really Want from Sex–and How to Get It, along with a variety of topics related to human sexuality, including talking to children about sex and the sexual revolution that took place in the last half of the 20th century.
Dr. Marty Klein
Dr. Marty Klein is a licensed psychotherapist, certified sex therapist, and international lecturer in sexuality and public policy. He has been an expert witness or invited plaintiff in many important state and federal obscenity and anti-censorship cases. His landmark book America’s War On Sex, with a foreword by the ACLU’s Nadine Strossen, was honored as Book of the Year by AASECT, and has since been released in an updated second edition.
Links from this month’s episode:
- Website: sexed.org (Dr. Marty Klein’s website)
- Book: Sexual Intelligence: What We Really Want from Sex–and How to Get It, by Dr. Marty Klein
- Book: America’s War on Sex: The Attack on Law, Lust, and Liberty (Sex, Love, and Psychology)
- Foundation Beyond Belief’s Light The Night Walk team raising funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Hug an Atheist Week fundraising program (Oct. 1-7) benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Free Wedding Services to Same-Sex Military Couples Being Offered by Humanist Society Celebrants
Music from this month’s episode (in order of appearance):